Ongoing EU Projects
In order to keep Microtech Division processes, production and technology at state of the art level and in order to strengthen and expand its network, Cordon Electronics Italia – Microtech Division participates in the following ongoing key European Projects:
H2020 – ICT (Photonic KETS)
- PIXAPP (www.pixapp.eu) (2016-2020). Objectives: Realize the world’s first open-access Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) Assembly and Packaging Pilot line, to helps users exploit the breakthrough advantages of PIC technologies. Cordon Electronics Italia role: Optical/Electronic Transceiver integration and prototyping.
- OPTIMA (2016-2018). Objectives: OPTIMA aims at demonstrating photonic payloads for telecommunication satellites by joining the efforts of industrial and academic European actors from both the worlds of space and terrestrial communications. A major technological breakthrough based on Photonics is needed to meet the capacity increase objectives within the mass, size and power envelope allowed by the foreseen evolution of launchers and satellite platforms.
- HAMLET (www.ict-hamlet.eu) (2015-2018). Objectives: Joint development of a new kind of transceiver for future 5G-mobile phone networks in the frequency range of 28 GHz. Cordon Electronics Italia role: Optical/Electronic Transceiver integration and prototyping.
FP7 – ICT
- SPIRIT (www.spiritproject.eu) (2013-2017). Objectives: Joint development of a low-cost, energy-efficient flexible transceivers capable of gridless operation with a throughputs up to 1 Tb/s. Microtech role: Optical/Electronic integration, modules packaging, Transceiver integration and prototyping
- PANTHER (www.ict-panther.eu) (2014-2017). Objectives: Joint development of multi-rate, multi-format, multi-reach and multi-flow terabit transceivers with operation rate up to 64 Gbaud. Cordon Electronics Italia role: Optical/Electronic integration, modules packaging, Transceiver integration and prototyping
- PARADIGM (www.paradigm.jeppix.eu) (2010-2015). Objectives: The PARADIGM project aims to establish, and facilitate access to, cost-effective Photonic Integrated Circuit (PIC) manufacture in Europe and address the whole product development from InP PICs design to the final packaged components.
- POLYSYS (www.ict-polysys.eu) (2010-2014) Objectives: to realize 100Gb/s serial connectivity for rack-to-rack interconnects, Microtech role is in integration and packaging of 100 Gb/s, 2x 100 Gb/s and Tunable 100 Gb/s serial Transmitters. Cordon Electronics Italia: Optical/Electronic integration, components/modules packaging and prototyping.