Cordon Electronics Italia – Microtech Division supports customers in product development, thanks to an Integrated technology platform (automated chip&wire and optical alignment technologies) for the development and manufacturing of Microwave and Optical components and modules for Defense, Aerospace and Telecom markets.
- * Circuital Simulation and Design Tools (AWR Microwave, Waspnet)
- * Electromagnetic simulation (CST Design Studio, HFSS Ansys)
- * CAD tools (DxDesigner/Mentor, ProEngineer)
- * Instrumentation and test environments (Vector Network Analyzer, Climate chamber…)
- * Development of photonic components and modules
- * Thermal analysis and thermal management of packaged photonic modules
- * Mechanical design and structural analysis of photonic components and modules
- * Front end (in package) and back end electronics development and production
- * Optical and electric qualification test benches
- The latest Design Rules are available using the following link: CORDON design rules for photonic packaging (August 2018).
Microwave Photonics technology
- * Optical Link modules: building blocks for Optical Link systems and sold as stand-alone modules (customer’s proprietary communication platforms) for Military and SATCOM applications.
- Products: Transmitters, Receivers and Transceivers
- * Optical Link systems: custom or semi-custom applications for the transmission of RF/MW signals over fiber optic cabling for end-users or OEMs markets.
- Market segments: Electronic Warfare (EW), MILSATCOM, GPS Navigation & Timing, Terrestrial RF Communications
Manufacturing services for microwave optical and photonic modules, either on a build to print or build to spec approach:
- * Prototyping and Preseries,
- * Components and Modules assembly and testing,
- * Packaging service,
- * System integration.
Assembly and testing operations in a 1,800 sqm clean room:
- * Thick film (ceramic substrate),
- * Manufacturing lines that include fully automatic processes for adhesive and solder paste dispensing,
- * Components placement process (SMD and MMICs),
- * Connection equipment (wire and ribbon bonding).